James is a Queensland trained and FRACS qualified General Surgeon. He is an experienced laparoscopic surgeon and he has a keen interest a wide variety of general surgical conditions. James regularly attends conferences and clinical immersions to ensure his practice and procedural skills are in line with current methodology.
Common conditions that he sees include: gallstones, hernias, skin cancers, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GORD) and hiatus hernias.
Please click on the links below to find out more about the condition and surgery.
- Hernia Surgery, including inguinal / femoral / umbilical / epigastric / incisional / ventral
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy – for the treatment of gallstones
- Skin cancer surgery
- Upper Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Anit-reflux surgery for the treatment of GORD
- Hiatal hernia repair
- Gastric surgery for cancer (eg adenocarcinoma, GISTs)
- Oesophageal myotome for the treatment of achalasia
In order to receive a Medicare rebate for your consultation, you will require a referral from your General Practitioner or Specialist.
Our friendly and modern consulting suites are located on the ground floor of SCUPH. We aim to provide a warm and welcoming environment to help you fell at ease during your appointment and throughout your care.
During your consultation with James he will consider your medical condition as well as your individual circumstances in recommending a treatment plan. He will discuss surgical and non-operative options, as well as detailing the benefits and risks of surgery. If any further investigations such as blood tests, ultrasounds or CT scans are required before surgery, we can assist by providing a referral.
Our friendly team can be contacted on 07 5408 8721 to assist you with any queries you may have or to assist in scheduling an appointment to meet with James.
Further Information on some General Surgical Procedures:
- Anti-Reflux Surgery
- Laparoscopic (TEP) Inguinal Hernia Repair
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
- Laparoscopic Incisional Hernia Repair
- Open Incisional Hernia Repair
- Open Inguinal Hernia Repair (female)
- Open Inguinal Hernia Repair (Male)
- Paraumbilical and Umbilical Hernia Repair
- Removing Benign Skin Lesions
- Upper GI Endoscopy